Pinks and Pastels...

vivid, colorful, vibrant, fresh, soft, relaxing, beautiful... welcome to my MIND!!!! (believe me people, it's the kid in me.. hehe)

Monday, June 06, 2005

just another crappy story

after a month of not blogging, im back!! nyahahahaha!!

anyway, i had fever for 3 days and i couldn't even get out of my bed or do things for myself like eat and drink.. this'll prolly sound scary but they thought dengue or worse malaria.. i qualified for all the symptoms of both diseases minus the rashes and of course staying unconsious.. turns out, i had flu like most of the residents here in my dorm... the whether here in manila is just soooo terrible. you get alternating rain and sun and it's not like i have the healthiest body to cope with it...

so during those moments where i remain in the sweet sanctuary of my bed, Morrie or let's just say Mitch Albom kept me occupied.. i've read the book years ago but it didn't occur to me that it'd hit me this way and leave me racking my brains again trying to find clarity amidst the blur of my so-called life.. for instance, what really does define a meaningful life and is being busy with mundane stuff like ok work or maybe academics wrong?? i'm taking up economics and all the technicalities of the subject will really really bring the busy person in you but does that mean you become empty and meaningless? i thought about that over and over again and i knew that i was prolly missing somethin and indeed i was.. i stumbled upon rhea, my thesis partner and we began to talk about things, trying to rationalize life, acads, socials and all.. and when she was telling me stories about her internship last summer at iBank, she said that it saddens her that only a very few people are motivated to work because of their love for the work... well aside from the monetary rewards that our job gives us (which is the main reason why we invest so much on education) many people love working because of the working environment and not because of their love for the work itself... not that it's bad but i do find solace in knowing that i love what i do and working gives me the satisfaction that nothing else, not even a cool working environment will give... it's just a bonus and advance thankies for that..

(to be continued when im in the mood again.. but ill post this anyhow...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home